Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bag O' Miscellany

In early January I submitted The Tree to a conspiracy anthology, ultimately making no change to the title.  Looks like they will start reading the submissions in mid-February.  This is really big for me...it marks my first actual submission of any of my work for publication. 

I'm in the middle of a zombie story for another anthology.  I've never written in this genre before, but I feel like I have a good idea to flesh out.  Kinda stalled on it for a bit, but that was mostly because of my job.

Started a re-read of the first draft my book, A Separate Breed, red pen in hand.  I figure I need to add at least 20K words, and there are plenty of gaps and abandoned plotlines that I can use to fill the space around the main storyline.  I'm very excited to get back to this, and I've also gotten myself a lot more organized as far as keeping track of ideas when they come to me.


My dog, Lily, turned 13 on January 30th.  She's hanging in there for an old girl, though she's declined a bit over the last year.  Her hips and back legs just aren't as strong as they used to be.  She's partially some of the inspiration for A Separate Breed

I've been in a plaintive mood lately, first sending a letter to the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) for their terrible service lately, and then a written complaint about the woman who lives in the apartment just below mine.  She's been harassing me for a year over noise that she claims comes from my apartment...when I'm not home!  And we're not talking dog noise, as she says she never even hears Lily bark.  I'd just had enough of that nonsense.

Eagerly awaiting the snow storm tonight.  Gonna look beautiful tomorrow!

SDG

1 comment:

  1. I have faith that you will get something published this year. Just keep writing and submitting.

    ReplyDelete